What is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover combines cosmetic dentistry procedures to simultaneously address multiple structural and cosmetic dental imperfections. Tooth discoloration, misalignment, and fractures are some common concurrent imperfections that can make your smile appear prematurely aged or unhealthy. By sharing your unique concerns with our experienced cosmetic dentists during the consultation process, we can customize your smile makeover to meet your specific needs.
When Should You Upgrade Your Smile?
Aside from having many dental imperfections at once, the signs you need a smile makeover are:
- You stopped smiling in photos or videos
- You avoid social interactions, especially fun ones
- You have difficulty chewing or eating solid foods
- You are self-conscious about your gummy smile
- Your teeth are not as white as you would prefer
- Your smile has the opposite effect on you or upsets you
- You refuse to show your teeth and gums altogether
What are the Top Smile Makeover Treatments?
Because Cunning Dental Group has a team of dental specialists which have advanced training in cosmetic dentistry, we can deliver the best treatments to improve the esthetics and functionality of your teeth. There are several options available if you are considering a smile makeover in one of our three locations Montclair, Irvine and San Diego CA. These include, but are not limited to:
- Dental implants. If you have one or more missing teeth, a dental implant can restore your smile and improve your overall oral health. As the name implies, this cosmetic procedure involves implanting a screw, similar to a tooth root, into the jawbone. It becomes a sturdy structure that our top dentists will cover with a dental crown for a strong, natural-looking tooth replacement. Learn more about dental implants in California.
- Invisalign. If you have crooked, misaligned, gaps in your teeth, traditional metal braces are no longer your only option. The revolutionary Invisalign system uses a personalized approach to straightening teeth, working up to 50 percent faster than other orthodontic treatments. Plus, Invisalign dental devices are detachable and practically invisible.
- Composite resin bonding. This cosmetic technique uses a type of dental material — in this case, composite resin — which our general dentist will shape and mold on your teeth to achieve the appearance of a straighter, whiter smile. Composite resin bonding is also a cosmetic solution for closing gaps, chipped teeth, and staining in both teeth and fillings. We can complete a composite bonding procedure in one appointment.
- Teeth whitening. Even if you follow a strict oral hygiene regime, your teeth are prone to discoloration and staining over time. Our ZOOM! Teeth Whitening System uses stronger bleaching agents that brighten teeth in about one hour.
Smile Makeover Procedure: What are the Steps?
The smile makeover process depends on the extent of your dental issues and the type of treatment you need. In general, these are the essential steps involved:
- Step 1: A thorough examination of your teeth, gums, bite, jawbone, and general health. If you have an existing oral health problem, such as cavities or periodontal disease, we will first treat the issue before proceeding with cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Step 2: Our cosmetic dentist will factor in the esthetic components of your makeover. Besides the alignment, color, and balance of your teeth in the esthetic zone, there are additional attributes that we will evaluate, including your:
- Tooth length and proportions
- Tooth texture or characterization
- Smile line which is the edge of your upper teeth
- Step 3: We will customize your smile makeover treatment plan depending on your needs and expectations.
- Step 4: We will perform preliminary work to prepare your teeth for dental crowns, and temporary restorations are affixed to show you a comparison between your new smile and the one you walked in with.
- Step 5: Our experts will place permanent restorations if dental implants, crowns, and other prosthetic devices are in the plan.
- Step 6: Enjoy your dazzling new smile!
What are the Advantages of a Smile Makeover?
While the obvious benefits of a smile makeover at Cunning Dental Group include a healthy, white, and complete set of teeth, here are five more to consider:
- Beautiful, natural-looking results
- Reduced stress and anxiety about your smile
- Better speech and pronunciation
- Improved chewing and digestion
- A permanent solution to an unattractive smile
As specialists in dental restoration, we are committed to your smile as we strive to provide:
- Improvements in the structure of teeth and gums
- Enhancements in the appearance of teeth
- An overall unmatched, professional smile enhancement
- Improved quality of life for years to come